Monday 12 July 2010

Rain & Shine - Day 2

Oh dear, that first post of mine really was a bit of a ramble, wasn't it? You might say, and I wouldn't blame you, that it was a disaster! Ah well, I suppose I'll get better at this blogging... But DO tell, dear Reader, though be gently in the telling, please!

Rain: I've been limping all day today because my 'Plantar Fasciitis' (that's Plant -er Fass-ee-itis), has been playing me up something rotten. [What ever is Plantar Fasciitis? Well, it's basically a nasty case of a very sore heel, caused by inflammation of the Plantar Fascia ligament along the sole of the foot: usually manifesting itself in a very sore heel]

So a walking stick and swaying along like an old-time sailor has caused plenty of mirth at my place of work today! "He's cracking up", "Poor old soak, look at him - drunk as a skunk before midday!", "Just come off the Cutty Sark, have we?", "He'll never make it in that state to next July when he retires..." And much similar ribbing each time I had to get up from my desk and walk down through the office to the printer or the kitchen area...

Shine: But this limping, swaying, poor old boy also generated considerable generosity of spirit from these same colleagues as the day wore on, and several acts of kindness were freely given. "I'll get that print-off for you", said one; and at afternoon tea-break, "I'm going down to the kitchen to make the tea for our lot, can I bring you one back?"

And so there was that "silver lining" that is spoken about "behind every cloud", and it was a real joy to be blessed by them, and see their kind nature shine past their waggish teasing! Perhaps it was also good for them... giving is good for the soul, they say...
"Give and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, so it will be measured to you." (St Luke chapter 6 verse 38)

Of course, Jesus was talking to his disciples about very much more than fetching my print-offs, or a 'cuppa' for my tea-break because my colleagues could see it pained me to walk! But I trust in the Lord that he will bless my fellow workers for their kindnesses to me today... but will it last all week! LoL!

No comments:

Post a Comment