Saturday 17 July 2010

Richard's 64th birthday today!

Well, when you reach a 'certain age', you're entitled to start growing old DISgracefully! So for my 64th birthday (today!) Ann and I, and a couple of good friends, went to MK Centre to see the "IF Festival" - which had all kinds of 'artistic' displays going on across the centre of Milton Keynes. And one of those exhibits is called the Magical Menagerie - a 'square' roundabout where all the rides are fantastical animal or insect creatures... and yours truly had a birthday treat bought him, and took a ride on the praying mantis! It was a bit of sillyness, and magical fun, that was as much fun for the dozens of mums-and-dads spectators watching their children going round and then seeing me! "Wave to the fat-bearded one!" I heard one of the dads saying as I went by... so I turned the head of the mantis toward him and laughed.

And to think, I was just going to sit in the summerhouse and chill-out today, and now I've enjoyed being a big kid riding a roundabout again! Wonder what I'll do for my 65th!?

No comments:

Post a Comment