Thursday 17 May 2012

A car = a money-pit

Last week, it was a new car exhaust... cost - £173 - and one day without my car...
This week, it was a new car clutch... cost - £255 - and two days without a car...


And to be "car-less" in Milton Keynes is like being on holiday without any spending money!

Then this morning I had to take my car back to the 'clutch garage' cos they'd done summat to my new exhaust and it was sounding more like a Lola! ... a further 2.5 hours kicking my heels in their waiting room... and while they fixed it (f.o.c) they told me I had two front tyres that were below the legal limit for tread!  Oh, deep joy!!

So on the way home this morning, I had to call into the 'tyre fitting garage', and spent a further £129!

£557 spent in a week!! Not bad for a pensioner is it! ;-(

No comments:

Post a Comment